Make a post (public, friends-locked, filtered... whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ/DW/FB. The post should contain your list of ten holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV"). The important thing is to make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) can get in touch with you. Your home address is not required!
Make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ/Dreamwidth/FB so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friends list (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now, here's the important part...
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes one person's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use - or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free - do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf - to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not - it's your call. There are no guarantees with this project, and no strings attached. Just... wish, and it might come true. Give and you might receive. You'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
Hi I'm Emmy. I've been doing this for a very long time. I'm a 26 year-old freelance writer, poet and reiki practitioner from Massachusetts who volunteers as a cat caretaker at a local animal shelter.
01. Holiday cards - I prefer Yule/Secular/ Generic holiday, but if you have religious cards that aren't super denomination-specific I'll accept those too.
02. Stickers - I always get neat things when I ask for stickers and I love the variety I get. I don't really care what kind of stickers you give me: seasonal, anime, random, spiritual. I use them in journals and ATCs and penpal letters.
04. Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/3VWE02SKXUZ5J
The sidebar has stuff categorized and it overlaps a bit with information in this list because I tend to send this out to family as well. The holiday_wishes one is assorted things I haven't sorted yet. Please let me know if you're poking around the "business/someday" or "NaNoPrizeVault" sections, since those tend to be things I'm saving up for myself. I also have a list that is adult/kink/little that I keep hidden. Email or PM me if you want the link to that one.
05. Gift cards: Amazon, Etsy, Itunes
06. Pipe dream 1: a rename token or equivalent tokens for my public LJ (brides_koneko
07. Pipe dream 2: a keyboard for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 tablet
08. oil pastels
09. Friends/Followers on my private LJ (dreamwriteremmy) or the public one mentioned above (brides_koneko)
10. postage stamps
If you're interested in fulfilling a wish, my email address is ehryniewi[AT]gmail[dot]com, please put Holiday Wishes & the wish # in the subject so I can filter these out so they don't get lost in my inbox. Thank you!